Batteries are the lifeline of any motorcycles. For optimum performance, they need to be inspected on a regular basis.
· Never remove or replace batteries when the engine is still running.
· Batteries require a monthly maintenance to perform at its optimum level.
· The check list for battery maintenance is as follows.
- Check the level of distilled water.
- Check cables for any damage.
- Inspect the connectors and terminals of the battery.
- Ensure the caps are secure.
- Clean the top of the battery for any residual material.
Note – If you’re not accomplished to carry out the above battery maintenance please take it to your nearest service centre and ask a trained mechanic to do the same.