· The oil is one element of the bike that can be checked by any rider on a regular basis.
· Without oil, the engine of a bike irrespective of whether it is old or new will cease.
· Make sure your oil is topped up with good quality engine oil. This will ensure that the engine temperature is maintained at a level which will help in delivering optimum performance of your bike.
· While checking the oil ensure that there is no foreign material that falls into the oil storage area.
· Oil change must be done at the mileage specified by the manufacturer in the owner’s manual.
· Make sure that the oil compartment caps are screwed on tight to ensure that there is no leakage.
· Change oil filters every second oil change or by the recommended duration of the manufacturer.